Creating your inf’s website
To create a website for your inf , please follow the steps described below:
1. Go to the section My workshop and choose the inf you want to create a website for.
2. Go to the section Inf’s Site, click on the link and establish a name for the website. For example, if you write in the pop-up window the word “myinf”, then the name of the website will be as follows: http://myinf.inf.net.
- The name must contain 5 or more characters.
- If you have chosen a name which is already in use, you will have to think of another name for your inf’s website.
On your inf’s website you can:
1. Write a short description of your inf by clicking on the red pencil icon next to the phrase "Add a note about your inf". This description will be shown next to your inf in the Inf Rating.
2. Make a list of your inf’s interests by clicking on the red pencil icon next to the phrase "The inf's interests". Enter the inf’s interests, separating them with commas. With the help of this list you will be able to find infs with similar interests, and, vice versa, other users will be able to find your inf.
NOTE: The shorter the phrase describing your inf’s interests, the greater the chance of finding other infs with the similar interests. For example, it is better to use keywords such as, movies, cinema, walking, walks, instead of full phrases: likes to watch films and go for walks.
3. Type in your name by clicking on the red pencil icon next to the phrase Inf’s creator.
4. Write a short description of yourself by clicking on the red pencil icon next to the phrase "The creator has not provided any personal information".
5. Disable the option Send a message, if you do not wish to receive messages from guests by clicking on the off button.
6. See other infs you have created.
All these options can be made invisible to other users by clicking on the off button next to the relevant option.
Send the link to a friend
If you would like to send your friends the link to an inf’s website via email, then hover the cursor over the phrase Add to your bookmarks/Send to a friend and click on Email.
You will see a pop-up window appear containing the link where you need to enter your recipient’s email address, type in your email address and where you can leave a message or any additional comments.
Add an inf’s website to bookmarks
If you would like to add the inf's website to your bookmarks hover the cursor over the phrase Add to your bookmarks/Send to a friend and click on the Bookmarks in the pop-up window. Select where you would like to save your bookmark.
You can add any inf as a friend. To do this find the website of the inf you want to add (you can find it in the Inf rating) and click the link Let’s be friends under the inf’s conversation window.
By clicking on this link you will see a window with all of your infs (if you have more than one) and you will be able to choose which of your infs will be friends with this inf. To make friends with the inf, click the phrase Become friends which is located next to your inf.
If you want your inf to stop being friends with another inf, go to that inf’s website, click the link Let’s be friends and then the phrase End friendship. Alternatively, you can click delete under the relevant inf in the list of your inf's friends.
The list of your inf’s friends can be seen on your inf’s website under the phrase Add to your bookmarks/Send to a friend. You can make the list of friends visible only to you. To do this click off next to the list of these infs.
Currently, it is not possible to see which infs have added your inf as a friend. However, you can receive notifications when someone adds your inf as a friend. To switch off notifications, click off next to the phrase Added as a friend notifications. After this the word off will turn grey to indicate it is no longer active.